واژگان پیشرفته: Topic: crime and punishment
1. The crime rate: a measure of the number of crimes in a particular area during a period of time.
“The reduction of the crime rate is the main goal for lawmakers.
2. To commit a crime: does something wrong or illegal.
“In the US, a young person who commits a crime by stealing a car will almost certainly go to prison.”
3. Prison sentence: the period of time served in prison under such as a sentence.
“It is the heated debate that government have to pass lenient laws that would avoid the prison sentence while others think it would increase the crime rate in our society.”
4. Deterrent: a punishment makes somebody less likely to do illegal activities.
“The death penalty acts as a deterrent to people who wish to bring drugs illegally into another country.”
5. Loss of freedom: Be not free
“Loss of freedom is a punishment that offenders have to face when they go to jail.”
6. White-collar crime: Crimes committed by “office works”, for example, fraud.
“More and more employees who work in a bank turn into crime as white-collar crime.”
7. Be put on probation: To be under supervision to ensure their good behaviour
“Sometimes first-time offenders are not imprisoned but are put on probation for a set period of time to ensure their good behaviour.”
8 . Social isolation: the state of separating somebody from our society.
“The offenders have to serve the prison sentence as the social isolation to remain safety of society.”
9. A violent criminal: Includes assault, mugging and robbery.
“A student who is bullied at school may turn into a violent criminal when they grow up.
10. Motive for crime: The reason why people commit crimes
” A desire for revenge on his wife is a motive for his crime as murder. “