واژگان کاربردی: Topic: Holiday
- accommodation: a room or building in which you stay during holidays or live. While I’m travelling, my favourite types of accommodation are hotels.
- all holiday: a time after you lost your job. He lost his job yesterday. Now it’s all holiday for him.
- half-board: if you request ‘half-board’ at a hotel, breakfast and dinner would be included in the hotel price (as part of the package).John and Lily liked their tour with half-board service. They spent breakfasts and dinners in the hotel and bought lunches in the nearby cafes.
- full-board: if you request ‘full-board’ at a hotel, that would include all three meals (breakfast, lunch and dinner) in the price of your accommodation.
- self-catering: a holiday deal where meals are not provided. Mary thinks that self-catering is neither pleasant nor efficient.
- to book (something): to arrange and confirm a place on a flight, a room in a hotel or a ticket for an event in the future.If you book your plane tickets in advance, they will be much cheaper.
- breathtaking view: an amazing view. I’ve seen many breathtaking views during my journey to Paris.
- busman’s holiday: when you spend your free time similarly to the time when you work. This expression comes from the idea that a bus driver would spend his holiday traveling somewhere on a bus. Unfortunately, many people spend a busman’s holiday nowadays.
- charter flight: a cheap regular flight. Due to our modest budget, we had to take a charter-flight.
- check-in desk: the place at the airport where you register for your flight and deposit your luggage.