اصطلاحات کاربردی: Transport & Driving
- I’m not really part of your group. If I come to the party I’ll just be a fifth wheel (a superfluous person).
- We better hit the road (leave) before traffic get seven worse.
- New Year’s Eve is just around the corner (occurring soon). Have you made party plans yet?
- My brother just spent a lot of money on really questionable stocks. I think he’s off his trolley (insane).
- I’ll eat dinner on the fly (while traveling) and meet you at 8.
- It’s too late for you to ask her to marry you – she’s involved with someone else now. That ship has sailed (that opportunity has passed).
- Higher coal prices put the brakes on (slow down) industrial activities in the second quarter.
- I’m late for my best friend’s wedding. Put the pedal to the metal! (drive as fast as possible)
- After work I drove home hell for leather (very fast), but I still missed my daughter’s birthday party.
- It will take time to get the final cost, but a quick-and-dirty (approximate) estimate would be $45,000.
- I’ll have the order done quick as a flash (very fast) – probably by the time you get back to your office.