واژگان پیشرفته: Topic: Health
ill health – suffering from some form of physical or mental illness or disease.
– He had been suffering from ill health for several months before he died.
poor health – the general state of not being in a good condition of health.
– The refugees arrived in a state of poor health having had little food or water for many weeks.
health scare – a state of alarm or anxiety caused by concern about the risk of developing or being diagnosed with a particular illness or condition.
– Suffering chest pains while playing in the park with his kids was a real health scare and prompted him to lose weight and get fitter.
healthy lifestyle (or unhealthy lifestyle) – a way of living that contributes to good health and well-being.
– Regular exercise is an important part of a healthy lifestyle.
– His excessive weight and the fact that he gasped for breath when he walked were clues to his unhealthy lifestyle.
health care – the services provided by governments or organisations for the treatment of illness, injury, disease and to maintain well-being.
– Many governments cannot afford to provide free health care for their people.
health education – education that promotes an understanding of how to maintain personal health.
– Basic health education is vital if child mortality in rural African communities is to be reduced.
health-conscious – to be concerned about how your diet and lifestyle are affecting your health and take an active interest in maintaining good health.
– After his sister died young of heart disease, Bill became far more health-conscious and made changes to his lifestyle and diet.
health benefit – the positive effect on a person’s health gained from food, activity, medical treatment or therapy.
– Eating fruit and vegetables has many health benefits.
mental health – the state of a person’s emotional and psychological well-being. The health of the mind.
– Stress or bullying at work can lead to serious mental health problems.
to look after your health / to take care of your health – to eat well, drink alcohol sensibly and take exercise.
– I believe I’m still able to enjoy an active life in my 80’s because I have always looked after my health.
to regain your health – to recover from illness or injury.
– Sunita was very ill with the flu but is gradually regaining her health.